The medical plans are remaining with Independence Blue Cross (IBC). Effective January 1, 2022 the IBC PPO $1,000/$25-50 has been replaced with a PPO $40-$70 plan.
- IBC HDHP $3,000/100%
- There are no changes to the benefits, this continues to be the lowest cost plan but the payroll contributions are changing.
- Reminder that this plan offers a preventative drug rider.
- IBC PPO $40-$70 - Here are the following changes from the PPO $1,000/$25-$50
- Middle plan option
- The annual deductible has been reduced to $0 for single and all other coverage tiers.
- This plan has set copays for service
- IBC PPO $35-$75
- There are no changes to the benefits, but the payroll contributions are changing.
If you wish to opt out of coverage with Sandmeyer Steel Company, you must provide Judy Grosso with proof of group sponsored coverage elsewhere.
HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT (HSA)
• Employees enrolling in the IBC HDHP $3,000/100% are eligible for the HSA
• The maximum amount you may contribute in 2022 is $3,650 for single coverage and $7,300 for family coverage.
• If you are over the age of 55, you are allowed to make an additional $1,000 contribution to your HSA.
• The maximum per pay elections for the HSA are provided in the HSA section of the Benefits Guidebook.
There will be no changes to the Dental plan design this year. Dental benefits will continue to be through Delta Dental of PA. Contributions for dental coverage will see a slight change. Effective January 1, 2022, if you enroll with
single dental coverage your per pay cost will be $0. All other coverage tiers have been reduced. See your benefit guidebook for details.
STANDALONE VISION BENEFIT PLAN
There will be no changes to the vision plan through EyeMed. The EyeMed Vision network consists of private practice
doctors and retail chains such as LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears, Target and JCPenney. These providers offer
both eye exams and eyewear, making for a convenient “onestop” means of obtaining eye care. The plan will include
• A comprehensive eye exam, once every 12 months, for a $10 copay.
• Lenses (for glasses) for a $25 copay OR up to $150 towards contacts every 12 months.
• Up to $150 towards frames every 12 months.
To locate a provider, go to www.eyemedvisioncare.com and select “Find a Provider.” Under the “Network” drop-down
box select “Insight” and enter your information. You can also call 1-866-939-3633